Louise Juul Hansen, MA in Media Studies
Communications and project specialist. Chaos, steep learning curves and Horizon Europe don’t scare me.
I get a kick out of seeing the tension ease out of the shoulders of your team, when they realize that their project is in good hands with me.
Specialists need time to be specialists and do what they do best. But they also need to share their knowledge, advocate and fundraise.
This is where I come into the picture.
I help specialists to communicate their expertise, create workable communications strategies and put out the occasional fire.
I’ve worked with people at the top of their chosen fields in bioinformatics, mental health and psychosocial support in humanitarian crisis, nature conservation, and biodiversity.
I respect expertise – both others’ and my own. I know how to strike the balance between respecting scientific integrity and knowledge and making it available and understandable to the non-scientific community.
10+ years working with communications, innovation and fundraising at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Denmark’s Nature Foundation and the Technical University of Denmark.
I have led the dissemination and communications work in four FP7 and Horizon2020 projects and consulted on writing several successful applications.
- Write, edit and produce training material, manuals and guidance documents in easily understood language and with a logical, user-friendly structure.
- Help you shape your large funding application, so it communicates your aims and intentions.
- Build the communications and dissemination part of your application to be comprehensive, impressive, and manageable.
- Implement and project manage your communications and dissemination workpackage
- Put out fires and gap-fil if you are temporarily short-staffed in your communications department.
As an independent consultant, I have
- Launched and led the communications and dissemination work package of the Horizon2020 project REFUGE-ED
- Launched a policy campaign for the MHPSS Collaborative and Save the Children Denmark –
- Written the communications strategy for a large nature conservation project for Denmark’s Nature Foundation
- Done the final edit of community-based psychosocial support manual and training curriculum for Danish Red Cross and Yemen Red Crescent Societies
- Drafted policy notes about human rights in the fisheries and aquaculture industry for the Danish Institute for Human Rights
- Written the dissemination and communications part of a successful Horizon Europe application, for the MHPSS Collaborative
- Written a manual for a child storytelling project based on the Migrant Storytelling Project, funded by UNICEF.